JIFSAN Internships at the FDA
The JIFSAN internship program (Joint Institute for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition) is a special collaboration between the University of Maryland, College Park and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Undergraduate students participate in research at F.D.A. research laboratories in College Park or Laurel, MD.
- Areas of research
- Molecular genetics
- Nutritional Sciences
- Public Health
- Risk assessment (modeling and statistics)
- Time commitment: Usually 1 year, working 8-10 hours/week during the semesters and 30 hours/week during summer
- Compensation: After 100 hours as an unpaid intern, JIFSAN interns become eligible for paid internships.
- Application deadlines: Apply by March 15 for best consideration. At the present time, all internship positions will begin in summer and extend through the subsequent academic year.
- Project descriptions
- Application form: available online as a Word document or from the Office of Undergraduate Research and Internship Programs, 1313 Symons Hall.